Relationships are bridges that
dont happen by chance,
But are built by choice
Today let us promise
to make the bridge between us
strongest and the most beautiful.
Upon that bridge we hold our hands
Understand that the burning sun
also gives the warm rays of life
Understand that the darkest of nights
hides in them beautiful moon shine
Upon that bridge we hold our hands
There was a frog that lived in a shallow well.
” Look how well off I am here ! ” he told a big turtle from the Eastern Ocean. ” I can hop along the coping of the well when I go out, and rest by a crevice in the bricks on my return. I can wallow to my heart’s content with only my head above water, or stroll ankle deep through soft mud. No crabs or tadpoles can compare with me. I am master of the water and lord of this shallow well, What more can a fellow ask ? Why don’t you come here more often to have a good time ? “
Before the turtle from the Eastern Ocean could get his left foot into the well, however, he caught his right calw on something. So he halted and stepped back then began to describe the ocean to the frog.
” It’s more than a thousand miles across and more than ten thousand feet deep. In ancient times there were floods nine years out of ten yet the water in the ocean never increased.
And later there were droughts seven years out of eight yet the water in the ocean never grew less. It has remained quite constant throughtout the ages. That is why I like to live in the Eastern Ocean. “
Then the frog in the shallow well was silent and felt a little abashed..
I know the words that you want to tell me,
and you feel the silence deep within me,
We are so deep in love that words cant describe,
A simple smile when the eye meets eye
is all we need.
I think of our love and I feel breathless,
I remember the moments we spent and I feel timeless,
I write your name on a piece of paper
and I can feel your warm presence here.
Even the thought that you are next to me
makes me tremble, I want to whisper…
I only think of you, I only dream of you,
join me my love…make me complete.
I want to scribble our love
On every passing moment and every breath of life,
as I rub my eyes and look at this world,
I see it even more beautiful, lovelier than ever.
This magic…is your love,
I live in it forever.
Most people have come to prefer certain life experiences while denying and rejecting others, unaware of the value of the hidden things that may come wrapped in plain and even ugly paper. In avoiding all pain and seeking comfort at all costs, we may be left without intimacy or compassion; in rejecting change and risk we often cheat ourselves of the quest; in denying our suffering we may never know our strength or our greatness. … Rachel Naomi Remen
One night when I slept,
I had to dream, a different dream.
The one that I had to dream a long time later,
With time on my side and situations better.
All this time ‘was building a castle
Night and day I sweated through
Brick by brick and corner to corner,
With great care I made it sure.
That night when I slept,
The castle turned to mere bricks and mortar.
For the one who had to live in it,
I had to build a castle, a different castle.
As the dream crept upon me,
I had to let it seep within.
The castle I was building, The dream I was dreaming,
No more I had to build it, No more I had to chase it.
It takes a lifetime to chase a dream
and now, I chased a dream a different dream.
- Help you endure pain temporarily. Both Physical and Mental.
- Make you a slave by promising hope.
- Give a “Kick” when you mess with them.
- Are Addictive.
- Have healing powers and good for health in small quantities.
- Are something when people look up to when in trouble.
- Make you do unimaginable crazy stunts.
- Help you get girls.
- Help to broker major deals.
- Help you smile and be friends with a stranger.
- Have institutions to worship, show respect and adulation in unique ways.
- Satsang or Beer Party, Socialise with a common agenda to make this world a better place.
- Make ugly people look better.
- Make you introspect.
- Make you confess and feel sorry for all the wrong things you have done.
- Give a sense of freedom and liberation.
- Godmen and liquor barons, both make money.
- Decide who rules the country.
- Pave the way for Ultimate Salvation.
Please feel free to add more…
I have a new idea to explore.
I want to visit the farms when they are ripe for harvest.
I want to see every crop that is grown in India. When it is time to harvest rice, I want to visit a rice field any rice field anywhere in India…to enjoy the splendor and experience a part of the farmer’s efforts. When it is time to harvest roses, I want to visit any rose field to witness the beauty of floriculture. And so continuing I want to know about all the crops.
These visits will help me peek into the life of farmers. Living conditions of the true “providers of food” for us. A first hand glimpse of our villages. I am sure it will a truly enriching experience.
A new mission to know a part of nature that is around us. Nature that is ours.
Everybody has a few dreams that will never be achieved. We keep that dream alive till our last breath…in the hope that we will be able to fulfill it someday.
I have a dream too. I want to fly. I want to fly free like a bird. In the sky. With no where to go but everywhere to go. The ultimate expression of freedom. Just keep gliding on and on for the few minutes that the air currents support me. I shall live my eternity in those few minutes that I will fly some day.
I have a few ideas to make this dream come true though.
- I can ask a few enthusiast budding engineers in some engineering college to work on their academic project and build me a flying machine. A glider would do. Not that i cannot build one on my own. But the fact is… I know that there are other souls that want to fly as badly as me. I hope to touch them…and the technically qualified with seemingly good oppurtunity and resources, seem to be these engineers.
We can build a single seater plane or a trike or a hang glider atleast!
- I know a few places where I can get some training on these kind of hang gliding devices. Its just a bit too costly as of now for a hobby. But one day…I plan to do it though. Or with sufficient experience I can be a teacher! A dream job really!
- There are institutions where I can get trained in a cessna. Yes, a Cessna! That is an excellent option for flying too! I hope I will make it in time and they dont have any age bar etc…as eligibility to learn to fly these awesome machines.
Yeah right…keep dreaming on. But then…only dreams can come true and so I dream on and keep planning to fulfill them. Some day I will suceed.
You are mine.
The hand that touches you.
I shall cut the fingers at the knuckles with a blunt saw. Pick each finger, with its hanging flesh and write on the sandy rough walls of time with the oozing blood. You are mine. Nobody touches you.
The eyes that stare at you.
I shall gouge the eyes with a broken plastic spoon. Pickle them in acid till they swell, squash them with studded boots like roaches from gutter and leave them on floor as slime. You are mine. Nobody stares at you.
The tongue that flirts with you.
I shall pull the tongue till the navel, guts to touch the roof of mouth. Shred with razor blades and roll red hot steaming iron bars. When dried like dog skin leather, with polish it will shine. You are mine. Nobody flirts with you.
The ears that listen to your whispers.
I shall chop the ears with vengeful slashes. Pierce a thorny sliver through and roast them so slowly on fires from the hell of my heart. Till the juices ooze out and they get burnt smokey brown. You are mine. Nobody listens whispers from you.
The nose that smell your fragrance.
I shall slice the nose and mince with sledge hammer. Add some salt and in its own blood it shall rot. Till it turns gooey gray and smell like rotten swine. You are mine. Nobody shares the fragrance off you.
Baby you are mine and only mine.